Notices for Week of 18 September 2022
Notices: Proper 25, 18 September 2022
Dear friends,In the Gospel to day Jesus says “No servant can serve two masters…you cannot serve both God and mammon” (God and material things). As we begin a new fall ministry in a post pandemic world, how can you offer more of your time and treasure to support ministry in this parish. How can you talk to others about our wonderful school of love here at the Resurrection, and invite others along. How can you listen more deeply for what God is doing in our community of faith and neighbourhoods, and how can you join in? As servants of Christ, of Life and Love, these are important questions for us to ask ourselves.
Holy Baptism. Today we welcome into the Body of Christ: Atticus Glenn Wayne Stamp. Together let us say “yes” to the Way of Love, the Way of Christ.
Children’s Church has resumed. Spread the word as we welcome our young families back into the Sunday gathering.
Sunday Lunch Ministry has resumed. All are welcome to join in this community gathering.
This very important event is scheduled for our community of faith as we seek to try to rebuild and seek the Spirit’s guidance in a post pandemic world. Please pray for this event and try to plan to attend.
Parish Weekend: Saturday, September 24
- 1 to 4pm: A gathering to discuss and explore 1) our purpose as a parish family; and 2) how do we grow our community of faith? This is an important conversation for all of us to share in as we pray and reflect upon our future as a parish. If at all possible, please plan to attend to help listen to what the Spirit maybe inviting. All are welcome.
- 6:00pm: A free parish supper. For numbers for meal preparation, please register with Deacon Gladys at 683-2266 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 7pm Dr.Rick Singleton (past Provost of Queens College, and past director of Pastoral Care and Ethics for Eastern Health) will give a talk titled “From Survival to Revival.” All are welcome.
Sunday, September 25
- 11am: Bishop Sam will preside and Dr.Rick Singleton will be our guest preacher at the Eucharist. The title of this talk is “Living the Present.” We will continue to reflect on the future of our parish.
- Noon: The liturgy will be followed by a community lunch.
Come along (and maybe even bring a family member or a friend!), all are welcome.
Please use eTransfers to email@example.com to continue to support our ministry. You can also contact our treasurer Calvin Adams to set up automatic deposit. Or simply mail your offerings to Box 142 South River, A0A 3W0.
“Come and see” (John 1:39). Remember to pray about and encourage your family and friends to share in our community of faith.